Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tamiroff - "Feet From A Music Video"

Music this good makes me wish I lived in Rochester. I never had the pleasure of seeing Tamiroff play live. They kind of sound like an old Emo / DC style of punk. They have twinkly guitars and harsh vocals and sweet melodies and start-stop rhythms; all the stuff that I like. I have been meaning to write about them for a long time. Chris from this band went to Geneseo and was in a few of my classes and involved in WGSU.

"Feet From A Music Video" is another example of my favorite song from a band being the first song I ever heard from them. It's track one on their disc "Bittersweet and Strange."

There are a few more songs of theirs available on myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/tamiroff

Apparently, their website no longer works but here was the link:
http://tamiroff.cjb.net/

This is probably because the band broke up. Fortunately, some of the members of this band went on to a new band called Polar Bear Club.

Tamiroff "Feet From A Music Video"
Stop window shopping
placement product
top shelf secrets
should of stopped us
our story is an advertisement
for some remix of love
I turned around faced the cinema
It turned us all into
The hopeless romantic
Teeting our lips, moving our hips
It says a lot
to be so wet and in-between
We've made our point
We let everyone win
I noticed it
when your feet were wet and blind
Follow me into the place
of perfect pediatrist harmony

2 comments:

Brad Kerr said...

If I like Tamiroff What's the name of the Rochester band I hate called? Renoff or something? Russell, you remember?

Zachary Dietl said...

renouf. I wasn't into them either.