Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Boys Life - "Sleeping off summer"


I'm going to rip off this blog and post a follow up to my Christie Front Drive post, which had encouraging comments from people I don't know!

Christie Front Drive did a split, one that I still don't have, with one of my favorite emo bands ever. The band released one of my favorite emo albums entitled Departures and Landfalls. This album I like so much because you can't even understand most of the lyrics and it has field recordings of rainfall and crickets and trains mixed in. I love it. It's one of my favorite true albums ever, in the sense that all the songs compliment each other for one artistic whole statement. I even bought a poster of the album cover for my room.

The band is Boys Life and here is track five from it, entitled "Sleeping off Summer." The picture above is a really cool treehouse I walked by this afternoon.

LINK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I linked to your Christie Front Drive post too. I bet we were at some of the same ridiculous shows back in the day!

I love Landscapes and departures. One of my fav records to this days.

nice choice!
krist.

fuckgoogle said...

Hey Mike, Sean Burke here.

My cousin Chris (www.myspace.com/cfxburke) happened upon DWNWH through Liz's blog and, over brunch last weekend, told me that he has this split you're talking about. In his estimation, Christie Front Drive showed up Boys Life, but maybe we can chalk that up to bias.

Anyway, he said if you don't already have a copy (electronic or otherwise), he could furnish you with one.

Keep dominating the Left Coast, Momo.