Tuesday, May 30, 2006

the day dan went to russia.

My friend Dan, who is also the bassist for the Get Awesome Ninjas, is now in Russia and I am really excited about it. He is blogging a bit about it on his blog:

http://foreign-lawns.livejournal.com/

He also reports:

I gotta get you some pictures of the Ladas and Zhigulis over here. Lots of Benz and VW sightings too. A few scooters here and there, and some VINTAGE Russian motorcycles getting everyday use still.

I love Ladas - I used to see them in Costa Rica. I don't know what a Zhiguli is. What is it, Dan? I would love to see some of the motorcycles and scooters they are riding in Russia, and what the Russia style for 2 wheelers is. Dan, can we get a report? What is cool in Russia? Sorry, guys, but this is much more exciting than me talking about how much I love ORGASM DEMENTIA, even though they are great.

Dan you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zhiguli is the russian mass produced economy car. It has a solid steel frame and it is very slow and boxy. Proffesor Klima says that they are death traps.

-Zach

Anonymous said...

it's true, they are!~ no good pictures yet, the motorcycles all seem to have gone away!