Sunday, February 26, 2006

Site Specific: Defiance, Ohio

Defiance, Ohio is an acoustic punk group from Indiana. Yes, I'll call them powerfolk. Their sound resembles some of my favorite bands, like the Lucksmiths and the Weakerthans. They sing about the weather and riding bikes and a lot of things that I enjoy hearing about. I thought the name was made up, but then I found out there was an actual city in western Ohio called Defiance. Anyway, their website is great because you can download all of their songs, except for their new stuff that will be released on a new record on Florida punk label No Idea Records in a month or two.

I like the songs "Response to Griot," "Bikes and Bridges," and "Chad's Favorite Song" a ton!

In "Bikes and Briges" they sing "Sometimes broken things make the best building supplies" and it's exactly what I want to hear.

Check them out here:

http://defianceohio.terrorware.org/

No comments: