Monday, January 23, 2006

Car of the Month: Audi A2

I am driving my Volvo now every day. I really like the car. It's comfortable, fun, luxurious, interesting, and good-looking. However, the one thing that it doesn't have is good gas milage. I am used to scooter gas milage. I am used to the 60+ MPG of my 125cc engine, not this 2300cc behemoth!

Thus, my January Car of the Month is a VW product that is more New Beetle than the New Beetle. Unfortunately, it's not available in the United States. If it were, we Americans could enjoy gas milage on par with the Toyota Prius, all aluminium construction, comfortable seating for four (I've gone on a long trip in the back of a Skoda and many in the back of a GTI and they are no less comfortable than the back of an Accord), a large glass moonroof (which in a way evokes the Messershmitt bubble cars of the fifties), and (dare I say) cute styling.

Here's a picture:
here are some more pictures on a weird foreign site: link

No comments: