Friday, December 09, 2005

That's when I reach for my Volvo.

So, I finally got my own car. I would have been peeing my pants with excitement had it been like six years ago, but I’m still more excited than I have been in a very long time. I received a prime example of the Volvo 740. It is a sedan, it’s Swedish, and it’s buried in the snow in my yard. I drove it home last week from Albany to my house at night. It drives incredibly smooth. I will post here detailing my ownership experience of the rolling wonder.

There are two things you need to know about my Volvo, so far. First: It has heated front seats. These are handy in this upstate tundra. Second: It has an NRA bumper sticker on the back. It is mostly peeled and worn off, but still visible. Although I am 100% supportive of the constitutional right to bear arms, when I think of the NRA all I can think of is Charlton Heston’s “over my dead body” scene from Bowling for Columbine. - that and The Planet of The Apes. Thus, I have covered up the NRA sticker with a “!!!” sticker, which is more my speed.

No comments: