Sunday, November 20, 2005

Enchante - "When You Sleep"

I bought the album “Loveless” by My Bloody Valentine many years ago, in the summer of 2000 on a trip to Canada. I listened to it, and it sounded like nothing else I had in my measly CD collection, but then it somehow disappeared. I don’t know where it is now. But, that doesn’t matter now. We have this recording. Brad and Russell from the now legendary Geneseo, NY band The Pink Cammies recorded a cover version of the track “When You Sleep” from that album. It sounds nothing like the original. It’s probably the opposite of the original. It is a perfect companion piece to “Game Over, Baby,” the Pink Cammies’ sole release (if you don’t count the tee shirt). Brad sings first, and then Russell comes in. I can’t remember if I participated in the clap along, but I was around when they recorded this, as they recorded it in Brad’s room and he and I were housemates. Add this to your playlists and let it under your skin.

Enchante - "When You Sleep" (My Bloody Valentine cover)

No comments: